Accidents and fatalities will always occur on the roads as surely as night follows day and this country should grow up and accept this as a fact of life. The question to ask ourselves is that do we constantly go into kneejerk reactions every time something happens on the roads and wonder what new laws to bring in to penalise the general driving public or do we react in a mature way and prosecute only the irresponsible. We are up to our eyeballs in rules and regulations and it is time to bring this to a halt by putting a moratorium on any new law. If anything, it's time to turn the clock back. Things have gone too far in respect to other issues such as the ridiculous variable speed limits one is expected to comply with, demerit points that take 3 years to extinguish and the insanity of "double" demerit points on long weekends, plus much, much more. It is my intention to form a "Drivers Party" to contest the next State election where I will endeavour to look after the interests of all drivers, young and old from an obviously out of control RTA which has been granted the role of judge, jury and executioner thanks primarily to the Labor Party in general, and an apathetic Australian public who are finally realising that if something is not done soon to protect their rights, they will wake up one morning and find they have none. For real changes to occur, it is my opinion that drivers en masse should vote for the removal of the state Labor Party from office at the next election. Gil Solomon Dover Heights NSW Road hates I have three hates that weren't mentioned by either Bill McKinnon or Joshua Dowling The first is frequently seen during morning peak periods on Victoria Road. Whilst the citybound traffic in two lanes (leaving aside the bus/T lane) is nose to tail creeping along (hopefully 2 to 3 seconds apart), from the Iron Cove Bridge up through Rozelle, as soon as one gets to the approaches to the Anzac Bridge where it widens to to 3 lanes plus the bus lane, great gaps start to appear as some drivers do not keep up with the moving traffic. However, I always seem Rosetta Stone Greek to get stuck behind the laggard whilst the cars in the lanes either side of me are "speeding" past. And yes I know that the Anzac Bridge itself is a 60kph zone, but in the morning peak the traffic frequently is moving slightly higher than the posted speed limit, and one has the feeling that it would be a very game police officer who tried to enforce the lower limit. Secondly is being stuck behind a large 4 wheel drive with children watching videos in the back seat. I have found this to be very distracting in heavy traffic, especially if there is a lot of movement in the video that catches your eye's side vision. The last point is that I have noted that vehicles which have faulty lights (brake lights, blinkers, tail or head lights) that aren't working always have discourteous, inattentive or just plain lousy drivers. Consequently I do not like being behind such vehicles and always wish that there was some system that allowed one to report such vehicles to the RTA. [Based on the principle that if sufficient people report a specific vehicle/driver then the police/RTA should require the vehicle to have a roadworthy check and the driver to have a driving test and if necessary put back on P plates.] Joe KensellFive Dock NSW Pet Hates When I read the story "Drivers behaving Badly" I thought I must have got up in the night and written it without knowing. I agree with every single one of your points but in order of annoyance my top five would probably be; not keeping left in multi lane roads; tailgating (especially by trucks); not signaling intentions; not allowing merging in places such as road works etc.; not knowing the road rules. I have been lucky enough to have driven in quite a few overseas countries (including Italy) and have no doubt that Australian drivers are the most ignorant and badly behaved in the world.



0 评论:
发表评论