2011年10月17日星期一

Ricky Gervais Discusses Golden Globes, 'The Office' and Atheism

Photograph by Nadav Kander In the new issue of Rosetta Stone on newsstands and in Cheap Rosetta Stone the digital archive starting April 1 Ricky Gervais sets the record straight about his controversial Golden Globes monologue. "If you cant tease the richest, most powerful people in the world, who can be the butt of your jokes?" he asks contributing editor Eric Hedegaard. "It was six or seven one-liners, throwaways I wrote in an hour. It was nothing. Lets go through them one by one. Johnny Depp wasnt offended. Ive spoken to him about five times since. Hugh Hefner tweeted he wasnt offended. I cant imagine Bruce Willis being offended. I did nothing wrong. I know I didnt!"Gallery: Comedy Stars on the Cover of Rosetta StoneOther highlights from the story: Even though hes the producer and creator of The Office, he didnt freak out when Steve Carrell announced that he was leaving. "Its probably expected of me, as executive Cheap Rosetta Stone V3 producer, to try and persuade him to stay," Gervais said. "But I sent him an e-mail saying, I think youre doing the right thing." Hes been avowed atheist ever since he was eight. It wound up helping him when a test audience gave an early version of The Office the lowest rating in the history of the BBC. He refused to change a word of it. "Ive always done exactly what I wanted," he says. "Which is important for an atheist, because theres nothing else. No reward later. My reward is the here and now. Its me thats got to sleep with me, only me." Just two things make Gervais blood boil: religious fanaticism and animal cruelty. "I cheer when a matador gets gored," he says. Things could have turned out a lot differently. In June 2004, just as Jagger and Richards began working on new material Watts was diagnosed with throat cancer. But the operation was successful. After six weeks of chemotherapy, the drummer received a clean bill of health and was soon back at his kit, proving again that for the Stones, mortality is not an issue. Its an irritant. "There is a certain feeling Rosetta Stone French on this one, an excitement," Richards says, with his crusty swash bucklers laugh, of the album before rehearsal one night.

0 评论:

发表评论

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More